Wednesday, February 28, 2007

bleh & joy

So I am at work, but will be returning home in the not too distant future. I am feeling better - I got what my daughter had -and I want to get some more sleep/rest prior to her coming home tonight. The onyl thing I can consistantly hold down is kefir and only in sips. I am now well and truly sick of it.

Y'see, today is her second Birthday! Lyuda and I woke her up this morning by singing to her. We have a bunch of gifts for her, but we are waiting until when she comes home from daycare to give them. There was one exception. Being a little contrarian, I gave her a matchbox cars bus. She LOVES getting a ride with Papa in the EmeryGoRound (our free muncipal bus in Emeryville). Since she does now and again come to work with me and I don't have a car seat in my old jeep, we use the bus to BART (the BART station is literally right outside the office). Since we started, she gets really excited every time she sees a bus, but especially the one in Emeryville. SO! I gave her that little bus this morning. She was ecstatic. We have more (and better) gifts to give later, but the day started out very well. Her delight with a simple toy bus was wonderful.

There are times, despite being truly in pain and ill, that being a father is an incredible joy.

No comments: